All About Youth, Inc. is excited to offer you state-of-the-art FDA Approved Acne Treatments with Light. There are several Laser/Light treatments available.
This procedure is noninvasive and pain free, with full-face treatments taking only 10 to 15 minutes. Patients simply lie on a comfortable bed while the light is applied to the affected area; they can even listen to music while being treated. Once the treatment session is over, patients can return to their daily routine. This means no downtime or inconvenience, especially important factors for active teens and young adults.
Acne is one of the most common and stubborn skin problems. Regardless of skin type or lifestyle, approximately 80% of the population will suffer from acne at some point in their lives. Yet many patients fail to respond adequately to current treatment options and others develop problematic side effects. Further, the cost and duration of acne treatment with topical medications and oral antibiotics make standard therapy far from ideal.
Now, four novel devices called the Blu-U, Omnilux, Revitalight & the ClearLight Acne PhotoClearingsTM (APCTM) technology gives physicians new tools designed to clear moderate inflammatory acne without side effects, patient discomfort, photosensitivity or downtime. ClearLight uses a high-intensity, enhanced, narrow band light source (405-420 nm). The Blu-U and Omnilux use a high intensity 417nm band of blue light. Revitalight uses 417nm band of blue light and 610nm red light.
1064nm Nd:YAG Laser treatments also focus on the bacterium that cause acne. The 1064nm Nd:YAG Laser is one of the safest lasers available capable of treating even the darkest of skin. The system’s 1064nm light penetrates just deep enough into the tissue to reach the acne target, without adversely affecting surrounding skin. The Lyra also stimulates collagen rejuvenation which inturn DECREASES PORE SIZE! The 1064nm Lyra has no known side effects.
Before – APC technology uses high-intensity, 405-420nm wavelength light, which permeates the tissue to reach the P. acnes target safely and effectively.
During – This unique spectrum of high-intensity light triggers the proliferation of endogenic porphyrins, which attack and destroy P. acnes bacteria within the skin.
After – Blu-U, Omnilux, Revitalight & ClearLight systems create a destruction rate that surpasses the normal proliferation rate of the P. acnes bacteria, assuring a significant decrease in P. acnes bacteria.
The ClearLight and Blu-U Advantage
The innovative Blu-U and ClearLight Systems are powered by light-based Acne PhotoClearing (APC™) technology, which penetrates the skin and destroys surface and ductal p. acnes bacteria quickly and easily. Its destruction rate surpasses the normal proliferation rate, assuring a rapid decrease in p. acnes that is unmatched by other treatments. There is no irritation, side effects or photosensitivity.
Key benefits of Blu-U and ClearLight include:
- New paradigm for acne treatment
- Short treatment regimen – 8 treatments over 4 weeks to achieve impressive results
- Systemic drug-free treatment
- Increased patient compliance and patient satisfaction
- No side effects. No pain. No downtime.
- Suitable for all body areas, including sensitive beard area
The most common approaches to acne management include:
- Topical applications. From widely available over-the-counter ointments to prescription creams, this is the most popular way of treating acne; in many cases, however, creams often irritate the skin and have minimal long-term effect in actually reducing P.acnes.
- Oral antibiotics. Although somewhat more effective than topicals, antibiotics are limited by the fact that 40% of acne bacteria are insensitive to oral antibiotics. Additionally, patients must continue the antibiotic regimen for a lengthy period of time (usually at least three to four months). Since improvement in the patient’s condition is often very gradual, permanent scarring may occur before the condition is appropriately managed. Moreover, there is a growing reluctance in the medical community to use antibiotics except when absolutely necessary.
- Accutane®. Used as the treatment of last resort, Accutane is associated with potentially serious side effects. The Blu-U and ClearLight systems, by comparison, can be used as a first line of defense with no side effects and clinical efficacy consistent with oral antibiotics and topical treatments.
A Typical Treatment
The procedure is noninvasive and pain free, with full-face treatments taking only 15 minutes. Patients simply lie on a comfortable bed while the light is applied to the affected area; they can even listen to music while being treated. Once the treatment session is over, patients can return to their daily routine. This means no downtime or inconvenience, especially important factors for active teens and young adults.
Revolutionary APC technology gives physicians a highly effective tool for clearing moderate inflammatory acne without side effects, patient discomfort, photosensitivity or downtime.
A multi-center clinical study examined the effects of ClearLight treatments on more than 120 patients at six centers. The study utilized a high-intensity, 400 watt, enhanced (407-420 nm) metal halide lamp to deliver light to the acne-affected locations.
After eight bi-weekly treatments, 80% of the patients with mild to moderate papulo-pustular acne showed significant improvement of non-inflammatory, inflammatory and total facial lesions. Inflammatory lesion count decreased by a mean of more than 60%. Two weeks after the last treatment, the lesion count decreased by nearly 70%. No side effects of the treatment were observed.
Additional in vitro and in vivo studies have also demonstrated the effectiveness of the ClearLight in destroying P.acnes.
At present, additional multi-center studies are underway to further support the efficacy of ClearLight technology in treating acne.